Fertigation, as the name implies, is the process in which fertilizers are being applied with the irrigation water: Fertilization + Irrigation. It can be adapted to all types of crops, but is most common in cash-crop segments. The fertilizer solutions are prepared in advance in stock tanks and the solution is then injected into the irrigation water. Triferto has a wide range of fertigation and liquid fertilizers to meet any crop situation. Our full range of essential nutrients can be used in drip irrigation, sprinkler systems or pivot agriculture. Fertigation has various advantages over other fertilization methods, and when properly used, it saves time and money.
Some of the advantages are:
- Fertilizer application is more accurate and uniform
- Fertilizers are applied to specific areas, where they are needed
- Nutrient are immediately available to plants
- Uptake of nutrients by roots is improved
- It saves labor
- It helps to save water, because plants develop a healthier root system
- Nutrient losses are minimized
SOLFERTO is an water soluble fertilizer with different NPK ratios. It fulfils the needs of the crops at each plant development stage. SOLFERTO can be used in fertigation systems or as foliar application due to its high solubility.